Journey from Buenos Aires to Lima
6 – 26 September, 2020
Buenos Aires / Argentina
Max 18 Guests
- Travel on a suburban train from El Tigre to the monumental Retiro Railway Station in Buenos Aires and then travel on South America’s oldest Metro Train back into the city.
- Enjoy a train ride on the famous “Tren a las Nubes” between San Antonio de los Cobres and the Polvorilla Viaduct at over 4200 m above sea level.
- Experience a train journey in southern Bolivia traveling aboard the Wara Wara Express from Villazon to Uyuni.
- We spend time at the famous Railway cemetery in the outskirts of Uyuni where you see oxidized steam locomotives from a bygone era in a spectacular setting.
- Travel by Train during 11 hours from Puno to Cusco, crossing the fascinating Peruvian High Andes.
- Enjoy the amazing train ride from the Cusco San Pedro Station to Aguas Calientes, doing the famous Zigzag’s inside the city of Cusco.
- You have dinner on board the famous Hiram Bingham Train from Machu Picchu to Porroy.
Itinerary Journey from Buenos Aires to Lima
Considering the character of this trip, there may be ongoing improvements to this itinerary. Unless otherwise specified, daily excursion options are included in the cost of the trip. We do our maximum to comply to the scheduled tour program, but due to the travel style and regions we visit, we may deviate the journey slightly to take full advantage of the train schedules, encounters with the destination and its people, and culture.
You board the boat at Puerto Madero and head to Tigre. The cruise goes along the Costanera Navigation Canal. Then, we cruise through the canals of the delta, one of the largest in the world. We have lunch in a restaurant situated on the shores of one of the canals. Finally, we head to the Tigre train station, where we will take a train back to the city of Buenos Aires.
We do a walk inside a viñard under the guidance of a local wine specialist. Discover the famous Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Tannat grapes. We have a wine degustation in one of the best-known wineries of the valley, just outside of Cafayate. Lunch we have in a typical house in the middle of a viñard, within walking distance of our hotel. The rest of the afternoon you have free time. Overnight we stay at our Hotel in Cafayate.
Day 11: Uyuni - La Paz
In the morning you have free time in Copacabana. You can participate in a tour where we visit the Sanctuary of the Virgin of Copacabana. We have lunch at the hotel. In the afternoon, we cross the nearby border to Peru and after a 2 hours drive, we reach the city of Puno. The rest of the day you have free time. We stay overnight in the outskirts of Puno.