Ecuador's Tren Crucero
4 Days | Individual Trip | Maximum 50 Guests
Experience the wonders of Ecuador on board the Tren Crucero. Modern, electric-diesel and restored steam locomotives pull a convoy of two passenger carriages carrying a maximum of fifty passengers from Quito to Duran or vice versa. A bar car with lounge and an observation car complete the setup of the Tren Crucero.
The guides and train staff are passionate about the train and its journey and are always ready to reply to your questions and serve you. That you enjoy the breathtaking scenery a maximum, you travel on the Tren Crucero during the day and spend the nights in characterful countryside hotels and haciendas along the railroad.
Explore Ecuador during the excursions that are organized daily from the Tren Crucero. Learning about the cacao bean and chocolate production, stroll through traditional indigenous markets, visit artisans’ workshops, meet the last “ice-harvester” in Ecuador are only a few activities among many other adventures you do during the trip.
- Enjoy a comfortable train journey aboard the luxurious Tren Crucero. Relax being papered by staff members of the train.
- Breathtaking, contrasting scenery passes in front of your train window when the train travels during 3 days across the Ecuadorian Andes and 1 Day across the tropical, flat coastal region.
- Take the pleasure in traveling over the Devil’s Nose and live one of the most famous train adventures in South America. The train overcomes an altitude difference of 500 m on 12 km railroad.
- Participate in the daily excursions that are organized daily from the train.
- Stay overnight in haciendas and historical inn’s along the railroad.
Dates & Rates
Departure Dates 2019 Tren Crucero from Quito to Guayaquil:
Sep 03, Sep 17, Oct 01, Oct 15, Oct 29, Nov 12, Nov 26, Dec 10
Departure Dates 2019 Tren Crucero from Guyaquil to Quito:
- All Tren Crucero Departures from $1735